Friday, November 29, 2019

All-Time High School Hoopers: Part 1

Marty Allison
Dickson Sports Media

Finally. The 2019-2020 high school basketball season is underway. We've been getting teased with the NBA, NCAA, and middle school hoops, but now we can move ahead at full speed.

Locally we should expect all four high school squads to be very competitive and to contend for district titles. It won't be easy but it's going to be a fun ride.

With that being said, I've been kicking around the idea for several years of creating a starting five for each high school that I could put on the court and beat any other starting five in school history. My teams feature several players that would make anyone's list, but there have been different opinions over the years on some players. The possible list is long and talented.

My teams were picked based on players that I've covered as well as years of conversations with area "basketball" people. Current players are not eligible for selection. They have more urgent matters right now.

There are some fantastic players not on my starting lineup, but I thought it only fair to leave some talent for your starting team. Actually, there's only five spots, so some greats will be left out. Of course you won't have as many players to pick from at Creek Wood since it's a much newer school, but there's still plenty of talent available. I may not have the best five of all-time on each team, but you'll have a tough time beating my teams on the court.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find five different players to play against my starters. Let's see what you can come up with.

Let's tip it off. Here's the starters for my Creek Wood girls team. I'll follow up with the Creek Wood boys before moving on to my Dickson County squads.

Creek Wood Girls
Rachel Bell, Sarah Collins, Caroline Edmondson, Taylor Fayette, Ashley Franklin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but ugly words aren't allowed...